2022. (Under Contract) Human Rights Policing: Strategies for Improving Law Enforcement in the 21st Century (with Pedro Marina). Routledge Press.
2022. (In progress) America’s Third Coast: Tourism and Culture in Coastal Mississippi (University Press of Mississippi).
2016. Chasing Religion in the Caribbean: Ethnographic Journeys from Antigua to Trinidad.
(Palgrave Macmillan. Paperback– September 7, 2019. Palgrave Macmillan; 1st ed. 2016 edition.(ISBN:978-1349934218)).
2017. Down and Out in New Orleans: Transgressive Living in the Informal Economy.
(Columbia University Press. ISBN: 978-0-231-17852-5)
2014. Getting the Holy Ghost: Urban Ethnography in a Brooklyn Pentecostal Tongue-Speaking Church (Lexington Books. Originally published March 2013; New paperback edition published – October 31, 2014).
- Reviewed by Kelly H. Chong (2015). Contemporary Sociology.
- Reviewed by Deborah Joy Allan (2015). The Pneuma Review: Journal of Ministry Resources and Theology for Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministries & Leaders.
- Reviewed by Wolfgang Vondey (2014). Religious Studies Review.
- Reviewed by Ida E. Jones (2014) Pneuma: The Journal of the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
- Reviewed by Stephen D. Glazier (2014). PentecoStudies and Choice.
Book Series Editor:
2016-current. Series Editor: Ethnographies of Religion (A New Series from Lexington Books). Advisory Board: Michael Wilkinson, Stephen Glazier, Carlos Hernández, Margaret Paloma, Donna Bowman, and Jill Krebs
Published Books in Series:
- David Kim (2020). New Religious Movements in Modern Asian History: Socio-Cultural Alternatives
- William Young III (2018). Listening, Religion, and Democracy in Contemporary Boston: God’s Ears.
- Timothy James Carey(2018). Muslim and Catholic Responses to HIV and AIDS in Kenya.
- David Kim (editor) (2017). Religious Encounters in Transcultural Society: Collision, Alteration, and Transmission.
- Mark Killian (2017). Religious Vitality in Christian Intentional Communities: A Comparative Ethnographic Study.
2021: Social Problems in the Age of Discontent: A Manual to Field Research (Kendall Hunt Publishing, Second Edition). ISBN: 978-1-7924-6631-3
2016: Social Problems: Field Research Workbook. (Published November 2016. Kendall Hunt Publishing). ISBN 978-1-4652-9585-9.
Blind-reviewed Academic Journal Articles:
2018. “Buskers of New Orleans: Transgressive Sociology in the Urban Underbelly.” Journal of Contemporary Ethnography. Vol. 47(3) 306–335. First published online August 2, 2016. DOI: 10.1177/0891241616657873.
2017. “Pentecostalism as Cultural Resistance: Music and Tongue-speaking as Collective Response in the Small Church” (with Michael Wilkinson). PentecoStudies: An Interdisciplinary Journal for Research on the Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements. Vol. 16, No 2, pp. 216-242 (Published December 12). ISSN 2041-3599.
2016. “Buskers of New Orleans: Transgressive Sociology in the Urban Underbelly.” Journal of Contemporary Ethnography 0891241616657873, first published on August 2, 2016 as doi:10.1177/0891241616657873.
2016. “Becoming a God Hunter Towards Conversion in a Brooklyn Tongue-Speaking Church.” Social Compass 2016, Vol. 63(1) 76–92.
2008. “Cultural Meaning and Hip-hop Fashion in the African-American Male Youth Subculture of New Orleans” (with Vern Baxter). Published. Journal of Youth Studies, (11:2, 93-113).
Articles Outside Academia:
2021. “The Lesser of Two Evils is Still Evil.” La Crosse Tribune (March 22)
2017. How New Orleans Became the Paris of the Mississippi: A Cultural Magnet and Melting Pot, From the 1920s to Today.” Literary Hub (September 28).
2017. “Diversity Makes Us Better” La Crosse Tribune (February 12)
2015. “Broken-windows Policing is Failed Policy.” La Crosse Tribune (November 4)
2015. “County’s Juvenile Arrest Rate Hurting our Kids.” La Crosse Tribune (April 26)
2014. “Hispanic Community Strengthens Community.” La Crosse Tribune (October 8)